A cooperative means working together to benefit all; Enthusiastic parent support is what makes our preschool special. Parents gain a fresh perspective on their preschoolers as they share in the learning process while children gain exposure to a variety of people as their worlds expand.
Benefits for the Child:
- Eases the transition from home to school.
- Makes social connection easily.
- Develops sense of security in the process of bonding with others.
- Allows for more attention via high adult-to-student ratio (1 to 4 in the three-year-old program and 1 to 6 in the four-year-old program).
Benefits for the Parent:
- Sees their child in relation to peers.
- Gains an understanding of how their child learns.
- Encourages relationships with other parents.
- Develops a sense of ownership in the school.
- Fosters a close relationship with their child’s teacher.
Benefits for the Teacher:
- Gets to know each child as an individual and as part of a family.
- Establishes rapport quickly with parent.
- Enables seamless ongoing communications with parents.
A child-centered program combined with highly-qualified and dedicated teachers and parent participation has contributed to a warm and caring environment for our students. Parents enrich the school program by assisting in classrooms, serving on a committee or the Board of Directors and by participating in fundraising events.